No. 9 Columbus State Men's Tennis Takes Down Tuskegee 9-0
Columbus – The ninth ranked Columbus State University men's tennis team improved to 5-0 Sunday afternoon defeating Tuskegee 9-0. The match took place at the Mary V. Blackmon Tennis Center on the campus of CSU.
The sixth ranked doubles duo of Martin Shishkov and Olivier Simonet got the Cougars in the win column at first doubles defeating David Mohammaed and Gabriel Byrd 8-1. At second doubles, Gordan Divljak and Quentin Rayniere also won 8-1 taking down Andrew Knight and Arlon Williams. Michael Trebuhov and Adi Malicbegovic did not drop a game for the second consecutive match as they defeated Bobby Smith and Kyle Spencer 8-0.
In singles play, 25th ranked Simonet dropped two games in the first set but did not drop one in the second as he won at first singles 6-2, 6-0 over Mohammed. The rest of the singles matches were all 6-0, 6-0 decisions for the Cougars. At second singles, 42nd ranked Shishkov defeated Byrd while Divlajk defeated Knight at third singles.
Rayniere picked up a victory over Williams in the fourth singles match. Oussama Zoghlami defeated Smith at fifth singles with Danilo Sardelli recording the final victory of the day for the Cougars over Spencer.
Columbus State will be back in action Tuesday, February 21 against Stillman. The match will begin at 1:00 p.m. at the Mary V. Blackmon Tennis Center.
1. #25 Olivier Simonet (CSU) def. David Mohammed (TU) – 6-2, 6-0
2. #42 Martin Shishkov (CSU) def. Gabriel Byrd (TU) - 6-0, 6-0
3. Gordan Divljak (CSU) def. Andrew Knight (TU) - 6-0, 6-0
4. Quentin Rayniere (CSU) def. Arlon Williams (TU) - 6-0, 6-0
5. Oussama Zoghlami (CSU) def. Bobby Smith (TU) – 6-0, 6-0
6. Danilo Sardelli (CSU) def. Kyle Spencer (TU) - 6-0, 6-0
1. #6 Shishkov/Simonet (CSU) def. Mohammed/Byrd (TU) - 8-1
2. Divljak/Rayniere (CSU) def. Knight/Williams (TU) - 8-1
3. Trebuhov/Adi Malicbegovic (CSU) def. Smith/Spencer - (TU) 8-0