No. 9 Columbus State Shuts Down Eckerd 9-0
St. Petersburg, FL – The ninth ranked Columbus State University men's tennis team took down Eckerd 9-0 Thursday afternoon in a non-conference match. All the action took place at the Turley Athletic Facility in St. Petersburg.
In doubles action, the sixth ranked duo of Martin Shishkov and Olivier Simonet battled Dylan Randazzo and Stephen Felman as the Cougar (9-1) duo won the match 8-4. Gordan Divljak and Quentin Rayniere swept Connor Ohlsen and Brian Hill 8-0 at second doubles. In the final doubles action of the day, Michael Trebuhov and Adi Malicbegovic won at third doubles 8-3 over Madison Durley and Robby Breece.
In singles action, 25th ranked Simonet had no problem at first singles winning in straight sets 6-1, 6-1 over Randazzo. Divljak continued playing very well in the early portion of the season as he won 6-2, 6-1 over Hill at second singles. Rayniere defeated Felman 6-1, 6-0 at third singles.
Forty-second ranked Shishkov moved down to fourth singles and blanked Ohlsen 6-0, 6-0. Freshman Oussama Zoghlami also shutout his opponent at fifth singles winning 6-0, 6-0 over Ben Levy. In the final match of the day, Danilo Sardelli defeated Breece 6-1, 6-2.
Columbus State is right back in action tomorrow as they face off against Saint Leo. The match will begin at 2:00 p.m.
1. #25 Olivier Simonet (CSU) def. Dylan Randazzo (EC) – 6-1, 6-1
2. Gordan Divljak (CSU) def. Brian Hill (EC) - 6-2, 6-1
3. Quentin Rayniere (CSU) def. Stephen Felman (EC) - 6-1, 6-0
4. #42 Martin Shishkov (CSU) def. Connor Ohlsen (EC) - 6-0, 6-0
5. Oussama Zoghlami (CSU) def. Ben Levy (EC) - 6-0, 6-0
6. Danilo Sardelli (CSU) def. Robby Breece (EC) – 6-1, 6-2
1. #6 Shishkov/Simonet (CSU) def. Randazzo/Felman (EC) - 8-4
2. Divljak/Rayniere (CSU) def. Ohlsen/Hill (EC) - 8-0
3. Michael Trebuhov/Adi Malicbegovic (CSU) def. Madison Durley/Breece (EC) - 8-3