No. 8 Cougars Victorious Over Anderson
Anderson, SC – The eighth-ranked Columbus State University men's tennis team showed no rust as they defeated Anderson 9-0 Saturday afternoon playing in its first match in a week. The non-conference tilt took place at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts in Anderson, South Carolina.
In doubles action, the Cougar duo of Gordan Divljak and Quentin Rayniere improved to a perfect 20-0 mark as they breezed past Daniel Gonzalez and Krystof Gulbinovic 8-2. In the middle match, the sixth-ranked pair of Martin Shishkov and Olivier Simonet took down Stan Atema and Deni Mehagic 8-4. Adi Malicbegovic and Michael Trebuhov completed the doubles sweep taking down Loic Ambroise and Trey Halbauer 8-5.
Columbus State (19-2) got on the board at first singles as 23rd ranked Simonet defeated Atema 6-4, 6-2. At second singles, 48th ranked Divljak improved to 15-5 as a singles player notching a victory over Gulbinovic 6-4, 7-5. Rayniere had an easy match against Mehagic breezing past him in straight sets 6-1, 6-1. At fourth singles, Shishkov lost just one game winning the match 6-1, 6-0 over Gonzalez.
Anderson (11-7) could not find a victory at fifth singles as Trebuhov remained perfect as a singles player taking down Ambroise 6-0, 6-4. In the final match of the day, Danilo Sardelli defeated Halbauer 7-6, 6-1.
Columbus State will play its final regular season match of the season tomorrow as they face off against Peach Belt Conference foe Augusta State. The match is set to begin at noon in Augusta.
1. #23 Olivier Simonet (CSU) def. Stan Atema (AU) – 6-4, 6-2
2. #48 Gordan Divljak (CSU) def. Krystof Gulbinovic (AU) – 6-4, 7-5
3. Quentin Rayniere (CSU) def. Deni Mehagic (AU) - 6-1, 6-1
4. Martin Shishkov (CSU) def. Daniel Gonzalez (AU) - 6-1, 6-0
5. Michael Trebuhov (CSU) def. Loic Ambroise (AU) - 6-0, 6-4
6. Danilo Sardelli (CSU) def. Trey Halbauer (AU) - 7-6, 6-1
1. Divljak/Rayniere (CSU) def. Gonzalez/Gulbinovic (AU) - 8-2
2. #6 Shishkov/Simonet (CSU) def. Atema/Mehagic (AU) - 8-4
3. Trebuhov/Adi Malicbegovic (CSU) def. Ambroise/Halbuer (AU) – 8-5