Columbus State Women’s Basketball Inks Three
Like Columbus State Athletics on Facebook!
COLUMBUS – Columbus State Women's basketball coach Jonathan Norton has announced the signing of three student-athletes to a National Letter of Intent to play for the Lady Cougars next season. Candice Edmundson (Panama City Beach, FL), Brittany Eskridge (Mill Creek, WA) and Kayla Richards (Cumming, GA) have all inked to play for CSU during the 2012-13 season.
Speaking about the recruiting class so far, Coach Norton stated that they "are excited to get three outstanding players to commit early to the program. Our staff will sign two more in the late signing period, but getting these three is huge for our program."
Candice Edmundson – 5-10 – Forward- Gulf Coast CC- Panama City Beach, FL
- Served as a back-up post player to two major Division I prospects on one of the best junior college programs in the nation
- As a senior at Arnold High School in Panama City, FL, she averaged 19.7 points and 10.3 rebounds per contest
- Was an All-County selection
"Candice is an athletic power forward that can really run and jump. She also has the ability to step out and shoot the three. Candice has played for one of the best JUCO programs in the nation and knows what it takes to win."
Brittany Eskridge – 6-3 – Center – Oregon State University – Mill Creek, WA
- Played two season at Oregon State as a back-up post player on teams that average 21 wins a season
- During her high school career, averaged 12.3 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks a contest
- Was born in Savannah, GA
"Brittany will give us a dominant presence inside. She is a tremendous shot blocker and rebounder who can also run the floor and score inside. Brittany will be a great replacement for All-Conference post player Dominique Gilbert."
Kayla Richards – 5-9 – Guard – Forsyth Central High School – Cumming, GA
- Led team to a 22-7 record during her junior season
- Has averaged 12 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.1 assists through three seasons
- Has been named First Team All-County and Second Team All-Region
"Kayla is a big and physical guard that can really shoot the basketball. She will give us a versatile guard that can go inside and post as well as stretch the defense with her shooting range.