No. 11 Columbus State Women’s Tennis Still Perfect After Taking down No. 16 Flagler
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL – No. 11 Columbus State women's tennis played yet another ranked opponent this time facing off against No. 16 Flagler College and were up for the challenge downing FC 8-1 in St. Augustine, FL. Columbus State improves the record to a perfect 6-0 and 3-0 inside the Peach Belt Conference while Flagler drops to 3-2 and 3-1 in conference action.
Columbus State started off the match by sweeping all three doubles matches. Loriane Favoretto and Madeline Johnson defeated the pair of Nachell Proctor and Lauren Pfeiffer 8-4. Next up was the team of Tracy Castillo and Olivera Jokic who defeated their opponents of Jennifer Saviano and Chelsea Taylor 8-2. The final doubles pairing was the match-up of Renata Paiva and Andrea Redrado who downed the Lady Saints tandem of Veronica Figueroa and Rachel Gould 8-4.
In singles action #17 Tracy Castillo stayed unbeaten on the year defeating Lauren Pfeiffer 6-3, 6-3. Loriane Favoretto continued the Lady Cougar dominance taking down Nachell Proctor 6-7 (6-8), 7-6 (6-4), 6-2. Madeline Johnson clinched the win for CSU defeating Veronica Figueroa 6-4, 5-7, 6-4. Olivera Jokic did not win a game in the opening set but rebounded against Jennifer Saviano winning the match 0-6, 7-5, 6-2. For the eighth Columbus State victory, Andrea Redrado defeated Deon Miller 6-2, 6-2. Flagler got in the win column in the final match of the day with Rachel Gould defeating Renata Paiva 6-0, 6-0.
Columbus State will return to the court on March 6 against North Georgia. The match is set to begin at 1:00 p.m. at the Mary V. Blackmon Tennis Complex on the campus of Columbus State University.
1. #17 Tracy Castillo (CSU) def. Lauren Pfeiffer (FC) - 6-3, 6-3
2. Loriane Favoretto (CSU) def. Nachell Proctor (FC) - 6-7 (6-8), 7-6 (6-4), 6-2
3. Madeline Johnson (CSU) def. Veronica Figueroa (FC) - 6-4, 5-7, 6-4
4. Olivera Jokic (CSU) def. Jennifer Saviano (FC) - 0-6, 7-5, 6-2
5. Andrea Redrado (CSU) def. Deon Miller (FC) - 6-2, 6-2
6. Rachel Gould (FC) def. Renata Paiva (CSU) - 6-0, 6-0
1. Favoretto & Johnson (CSU) def. Proctor & Pfeiffer (FC) - 8-4
2. Castillo & Jokic (CSU) def. Saviano & Chelsea Taylor (FC) - 8-2
3. Paiva & Redrado (CSU) def. Figueroa & Gould (FC) – 8-4